Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Time for Spring Flowers

Josette here with another Tuesday inspiration.  It is just February but I am so ready for spring.  Down here in Texas the weather has warmed to a wonderful 76+, the sun is out and with all the recent rain the grass is green.  I am sure spring is near.  So on that note, how about some Spring Flowers.

Don't you just love that cabbage rose stamp: it is available here at the Sweet Stamp Store.

If you follow my Blog you know how much I love backgrounds.  I have boxes of them  So I pulled one out.  This one was made by spraying ink onto a white card.  I did a whole series of backgrounds using a color wheel.  These a yellow green,  true orange and a bright yellow.  I am unsure of the brand of ink but it was very glittery.

I first stamped the flower in the corner, this was more for a "target, then masked it off and stamped the remains images in Versamark and heat set with clear embossing powder.
The flower was stamped on a white cardstock with Momento ink and colored with Copic Markers.  After coloring I cut out the image and mounted it on 3D squares.
After a dry run placement before permanetly adhering, it just didn't seem quite right.  So I located a  doily, stamped a circle with a sentiment,  cut everything down and placed it under the flower.  Better.  The flower ended up lower than anticipated, but the doily covered it up.  Lastly I added a bow that was made from seam tape and colored with a Copic Marker that had been used to color in the leaves.    This was mounted on an A2 white card.
I think it is stunning and very simple to complete.  A good use of a background.  What do you think?
Until next week,
Happy Crafting,
Josette

Remember all supplies are available at: Sweet Stamps

5 comments:

Gail said...

This is so lovely - nice to have that warm weather too - we have had sort of a mild winter here in Michigan but looking forward to our spring summer and fall -

Suchi said...

This card is simple STUNNING!!! :)
Suchi xx

Sandy Fredrick said...

Awesome design, I love the background and the 3D flower. Beautiful!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Just beautiful!

Stacey Adams, SweetStamps.com said...

Gorgeous! Love the 3D rose and shaded stamps in the background! Fun to see your work in progress!