Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Many Thanks

Good Morning. I'm Teresa and I am new here. I am bringing you a fall colored Thanksgiving Card. 



I used several thin strips of assorted paper scraps for the background of the card. I glued them down onto a plain copy paper backing and then trimmed to fit my blank card base. Then using the Winter Village Scene Die I cut a circle from a lighter card stock (I kept the winter scene for a later time). Aligning the "frame" where I wanted it to go, I embossed an almost sheer layer of Mermaid Tears enamel to soften the background for the metallic copper leaves. The leaves are two cuts using the Fancy Leaf Die that I layered and then trimmed the "extra" from. I stamped and embossed the sentiment. The final detail was the addition of eyelets and some textured yarn. tie on a button. Now this one is ready to leave as a tiny token by everyone'e Thanksgiving plate.

Have a wonderful remainder of the weekend.

TERESA




4 comments:

Stacey Adams, SweetStamps.com said...

Awesome design, love the fall colors!

Roxie said...

I like the use of scraps in the background, very nice card!

Donna K said...

Very pretty Teresa. The copper EP is perfect with your stripe papers.

Sandy Fredrick said...

Beautiful design, I love what you did with the variety of paper designs for the background and how you used the enamel on the leaves.