Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Frame - Guest Designer Penny Ward


Hey friends and welcome to the Sweet Stamp Challenge Blog.
Penny Ward here for the last time as a Guest Designer. I have had so much fun playing with the super cute stamps and spending time on this blog.

So let's get to it.

Let's Make a Card and then change it ...

I started with white card stock and stamped the Floral Corner Wrap, turned the stamp 90 degrees and stamped it again. As you can see, I started with light Blue ink, then added two other Blues to the stamp before I actually stamped the card stock. Gives the vines a nice variegated look.
Now the fun part...color the flowers.


I used the same inking technique on the sentiment Thank You Curly, then cut it into a banner shape.

Flowers and foliage were cut with Silhouette Cameo and inked.

There is hardly a card that I make that doesn't have Liquid Pearls on it, and this is no exception....absolutely LOVE my Liquid Pearls!

While writing this post I am thinking "how cute would this be to cut out the center of the card and actually make it into a picture frame"...now why didn't I think of this sooner?

So...let's change it into a Frame ...


Took the embellishments off  (carefully) and used Deckled Rectangles Large to cut the center from the card.
Used an Aqua card stock as a mat for the frame, die cut the center with Deckled Rectangles Small. When adhering it together I left the top unglued leaving an opening for the picture (my handsome son and my adorable grandsons...just sayin').
To make the frame a little more sturdy, I adhered two panels of heavy watercolor paper and made an easel.
Re-attach the embellishments.


This frame is still sized at 5.5 x 4.25 inches...so you could still pop it in the mail.

I have had a total blast Guest Designing here at Sweet Stamps and I hope in the future you will bookmark my blog Penny Ward Ink and come visit me often.

Many many hugs,
Penny Ward

Let's go Shopping:
White & Aqua card stock
Heavy Watercolor Paper
Stamps: Floral Corner Wrap, Thank You Curly (Sweet Stamps)
Inks: Memento Summer Sky, Nautical Blue, Pear Tart, Bamboo Leaves, Versafine Deep Lagoon (Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko)
Dies: Deckled Rectangles Large & Small
Spectrum Noir Markers
Liquid Pearls: Royal Blue, Peacock (Ranger)






9 comments:

judkajudi said...

Brilliant! It's the perfect frame. Congratulations on your designer spot.

Donna K said...

What a beautiful card/frame, Penny! I really love how you varied the inks along the edges and sentiment. Your work is absolutely lovely!

Unknown said...

Love how you changed the card into an actual frame! Gorgeous work!

Greta said...

Oh wow--the card was great but the frame is even better! This is wonderful, Penny, & that picture is just adorable!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautifully done- love the variegated blues on the pretty card- and the frame idea- love it! The frame, the flowers and the cute family pic- Outstanding!!!

ScrappySandie said...

Penny, both the card and the frame are absolutely lovely! Love how you use the varigated inks...great technique! Thanks for sharing! I've really enjoyed seeing all your creations this month!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Love how you used the Floral Corner Wrap to make your frame with the different shades of blue. The added flowers, flag and the Sweet picture really finish the design. Thank you for joining us as a guest designer this month.

Lagene said...

Beautiful used as a real Frame!

simply monica said...

Totally gorgeous love it