Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Making golden clouds



I'm Diana and today, I'm going to show you step-by-step, how I created this journal page:

Okay, so first of all, I recommend using watercolor paper. Any kind, any brand.


To create a background, I used a mask that I had made out of paper, but you can use anything. You don't have to make a mask, you can buy them. If you are going to make them, I suggest using a cereal box, or heavy cardstock. You can do a google search for templates and use that as a guide for cutting.

I sprayed a mist of paint spray that I also had made myself. It's really easy to make yourself. You can read my blog post about it here.


Next move the mask over, and spray it again. 
Let that dry.


Now, this step isn't really needed. I had remembered that I have this hand carved cloud stamp, and I wanted to use it, so I did. But once I did that, I realized I wanted to use something else.


I stamped a bird (from my own collection) onto some dictionary paper, and cut them out and pasted them, AND THEN I went over the clouds with some Piccolo 3D Enamel Gel in Metallic Gold. I really feel like it gives the page dimension, don't you?
Then, I used some pen and ink and did this:



I wrote a short poem using my dipper and ink, that reads,

She gathered her offspring
and flew away
among the trees
and golden clouds
and now
she could finally
sing out. 

Diana Gonzalez
Arte Y Poemas

Anyway, I'm Diana and I hope you like my project for today!















2 comments:

Janice Upton said...

Love your page! The enamel clouds really do set off the page.

linda said...

Such a beautiful journal page! The clouds add some nice dimension and your birds are gorgeous.