Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Tips for decorating G&P Bezels


Hi everyone, Rebecca here with a few ideas you can use on the new G&P Bezel designs! One of the greatest things about all G&P bookboard products is that they are a blank canvas, just waiting for your ideas to spring to life. You can use so many techniques and mediums on them, and I want to show you two ideas to keep in mind when creating with G&P pieces.




Use paint: I love painting by hand. If it sounds scary or you don't believe you have the talent to do it, just remember that expressing yourself is the greatest thing you can do and you don't have to be Picasso to paint simple things! On this new large circle bezel (above) from G&P, I did a very simple sky scene with clouds, sun, and rainbow. The piece is full of whimsy, and it's unique! I urge you to try painting a scene, it really is relaxing and brings a great sense of accomplishment!

                                              
Use pretty papers: This is a fun and easy tip, just pick your favorite patterned paper and adhere it to the piece using G&P Glastique. When dry, cut along the edges, and distress/ink it for depth. Then just decorate as desired. You'll get lovely results with minimal effort!

2 comments:

apieceoflifespie.com said...

great tips. I love both and it has given me an idea for my little one's b-day!

Mae Lewis said...

Adorable!