Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

Photo gift tags make the holiday bright!


This holiday season, make a pretty photo gift tag to place on gifts for that special someone! My daughter is all about crafting and pretty things, I know she will absolutely love receiving this present in her Christmas stocking.




Rebecca Price
byondbzr
Supplies
  • G&P Landscape DIY Ornament Kit
  • G&P Snowflake Accents
  • G&P Glastique  Gloss Fishing Glaze
  • G&P Cranberry Wine Enamel Powder
  • G&P Pure Sparkle Silver Glitter
  • Marvy Embossing Heat Tool
  • My Mind's Eye "All Is Bright" Twine
  • Paper Sack
I begin by removing the pieces for one DIY Landscape Ornament from the package. I sponge  a light coating of Glastique Gloss Finishing Glaze onto the pieces and coat them with Cranberry Wine Enamel Powder. Using a heat tool, I set the powder.





I apply Glastique Gloss Finishing Glaze to the Snowflakes, and then give them a healthy coating of Pure Sparkle Silver Glitter.




I use the clear dome from the DIY Landscape Ornament Kit to trace an oval onto a picture of my daughter, and cut it out.



With all the pieces ready, I build the ornament using Glastique Gloss Fishing Glaze as adhesive. I secure the ornament with clip clothespins while it dries.





When the ornament is set, I apply the Snowflakes following the same technique. I also add a bit of twine around the bubble dome.


 
I select some cute girly gifts and place them in a paper sack, tying the top with twine.



Attach the photo gift tag to the paper sack, and my gift is ready for giving!





To see another cute way to use the G&P Clear Globes on a layout, shadowbox or canvas, hop on over to my blog for a quick how-to!

6 comments:

Lisa P said...

Cute tag, Rebecca!

linda-neff.com said...

Very cute! Love the addition of fiber around the globe.

Ange said...

Totally adorable and fun!!

Arin said...

Very creative and cute!

Chrissy said...

Adorable! I never thought to use the small globes as photo gift tags.

Mae Lewis said...

Oh wow, this is incredible! I am totally using this idea for a gift tag on a wedding present!!! It works as both the gift tag AND a great ornament. Love it, love it, love it!