Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Jazzing up a Journal


Good morning, Steph here. Creating gifts for the upcoming holidays can be both rewarding and fun.  Following up on our recent blog hop, I thought I'd jazz up a journal for a friend.

Since the journal was rather plain, I stamped the image on white cardstock and used that for the focal point of the journal.

Steph Ackerman
Live Laugh Scrap with Steph
Supply list:
  • Globecraft Memories Products:
  • Enamel Powders:  Mermaid Tears, Brownstone, Gilded Rose
  • Piccolo Card Decor set #1, set # 11
  • Enamel Powder Adhesive
  • Glastique Gloss
  • Stamp: Penny Black
  • Dies: Spellbinders
  • Ink: Clearsnap, Ranger
  • Markers: Zig
After adding some color with Zig Markers, I added little butterflies from Card Decor #11.

I coated the butterflies with  Mermaid Tears and Brownstone. A light coat of Glastique adds a little shine to the butterflies as well as adheres them to the journal.


Using elements from Decor Set #1, I coated them with a combination of  Mermaid Tears, Gilded Rose, and Brownstone. I placed a heavier coat of Glastique on each element to make them strong enough to stand up to constant handling, and also used it as an adhesive. 

There you have a quick and easy gift for a friend that looks like you spent hours on it.



Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

linda said...

Great last-minute gift idea - and I'm in need of those projects right now! Very pretty.

Candy Spiegel said...

This is beautiful! Your friend will love it.























































Mae Lewis said...

I love this idea for personalizing a gift!