Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Giving a snowman his stripes



I wanted to pass along a little tip I discovered recently when I came across a few boxes of metal garland that I had not used in years. I make coco cones every year instead of cookies and I like to attach a tag to each of them. When I ran across these, I wanted to recycle them into that project and decided to test out some techniques.

What I found is that Piccolo 3D Enamel Gels and Piccolo Enamel Powder works amazingly well on metal! Not only does it add some amazing texture and uniqueness to the material and project, but is very easy and straight forward to do.


Arin Flynn
A Piece of Life's Pie
Embossing Powder Technique:
Apply Piccolo Embossing Powder Adhesive to a stamp image. Then stamp directly to the metal. The image may appear very faint, but once you dust with Siam Silver Enamel Powder and shake off the excess powder, you will see a clear image. Apply heat using a heat gun, set aside to cool and set. Using a pair of Piccolo Easy Grip Tweezers would be a good idea for handling the metal after the use of the heat gun. The metal gets very hot to to the touch.


3D Enamel Gel Technique:
Using a good quality stamper's ink pad, stamp image directly onto the metal.  Let set for a quick minute.


Then using the 3D Gel Enamel, apply to the stamped image by tracing and filling in the desired stamped area. If you are doing a multiple color project, let the first color set before applying the next color. This will prevent the colors from running.


To see more on this project or how to make the coco cones, head on over to my blog.

1 comment:

linda-neff.com said...

These are adorable little ornament tags. Nice to know the gel works great on metal!