Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Steampunk'd

Good morning, Steph here with an amazing Grand Oval Bubble Frame. 

Did you know that there are so many ways to use this Grand Oval Bubble Frame?    This frame measures approximately 6" x 7" and easily holds a 4" x 6" photo.  The kit includes the bubble, 3 chipboard frames and a stand.  I love that the chipboard frames come in varying sizes so you can create many different looks with this one kit.

I chose to create a Steampunk'd wall hanging so I did not use the stand in this project.  I think this kit is stunning to use as a wall hanging.



I began by covering the largest oval with pattern paper.  To achieve a metal-type edging, I carefully added Piccolo Enamel Powder Adhesive along the edge, then covered it with Vintage Copper and heat set it.   One of the the smaller layers was coated with Mermaid Tears and  then Temple Stone because I wanted the combination of powers to show.  The smallest layer was coated with Vintage Copper. 


I stamped the Owl once onto brown cardstock and three times onto cream cardstock with Clearsnap Red Barn Chalk Ink.  Using the brown cardstock as the base, I cut out and added a cream owl with foam adhesives.  Then I carefully cut apart the remaining owls and reassembled the owl, adding foam adhesive between the layers for a 3 dimensional look.


I centered the owl on the base and added the bubble and the largest frame on top.  I used office supply clips to hold the pieces in place while they set.   Once set, I added the smaller frames on top, again using the office supply clips to hold the pieces together.  Once the frames were set, I added some Vintage Gears (coated with Temple Stone) around the edges of the frame.


To finish, I punched two holes in the frame and tied the ribbon in the front.  I also added some additional Vintage Gears to the frame.




GlobeCraft Memories Supplies:
Classic Grand Oval Bubble Frame
Piccolo Enamel Powder
Powders:
Copper Kettle
Vintage Copper Mermaid Tears
Temple Stone
Vintage Gears Embellishments
Other Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Pattern paper: GCD Studios
Ink: Clearsnap Chalk Ink
Ribbon: Martha Stewart


Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget to check and see what the other designers have been creating.


No comments: